Day 12 of the “30-Designs in 30-Days” Illustrator Challenge: Technically, it’s “design” 12 rather than “day” 12. Things have been getting pretty hectic at work, so I’m slacking bit on keeping up with this challenge, but at least I’m sticking with it as best as I can. Practice makes perfect!
Today, the goal was Typography. I’m not that experienced with this design technique, but I had a lot of fun playing around with this. I went ahead and just used my name to give me something to work with, and played around with shapes, shades, colors, negative and positive space.
Going into this project, I just wanted to play around and see what I could come up with, but I knew that I wanted each design to hold its own unique style and identity. So, here are a few notes on my thought process and the direction that I wanted to go with for each design…
- Playful + Colorful + Modern + Minimalist
- Transparency & Opacity Layering
- Soft, Rounded
- Bubble Lettering
- Different Colors for Each Letter
- Minimalist + Corporate + Abstract
- Played with Negative/Positive Space
- Emphasis of Color hints the lettering
- Side-ways “I” Adds a bit of interest
- Modern + Whimsical + Soft
- Mint Green gives the design an overall dainty style
- Lowercase lettering enhances the “cute” factor for this design.
- Played with Negative/Positive space by hiding the “I” and it also ads interest
- Sophisticated + Classic + Sexy
- “Trois” is French for “Three”
- Used the “O” to incorporate the Roman Numeral 3 (III)
- Can’t go wrong with black 😉
Let me know which one is your fav and/or feel free to leave critiques below in the comments section 🙂